The primary purpose of a stockpot is to prepare the stock. But what is stock? This is a base for sauces and soups. A good stockpot should heat fast, evenly, and simmer for long. In addition, it should be large enough to accommodate all your ingredients, and leave some room to spare. There are numerous uses for stockpots, which include boiling lobsters, and simmering soup, stock, or chili.
Features of a good stockpot
- A ventilated lid—since you will be using your copper stockpot to boil different ingredients, it is advisable to choose a copper stockpot with a ventilated lid. This will prevent your ingredients from pouting over your stovetop.
- Strong handles – most copper stockpots have riveted handles. Avoid buying a stockpot whose handles have just been pressed and adhered. Always remember that you will be carrying the heavy stockpot with hot liquid.
- The lids can either be made of tempered glass or copper. Glass lid allows you to monitor the progress of the stock. If you want to use the stockpot on an oven, make sure that the stockpot, as well as the lid, are oven-safe.
- A stockpot with a curved bottom is recommendable since it is less likely for the small bits to stick while cooking.
What’s the best size for your stockpot
- A 4 or 6-quart stock pot is ideal for preparing the soup.
- 8-quart stockpots are suitable for poaching chicken, but you cannot use them to prepare large quantities of stock
- 12-quart stock is ideal for anyone who wants to prepare stock at home or boil occasional lobsters.
When shopping for a stockpot, you will notice that they come in different shapes, and most of them are tall. Tall stockpots, with a narrower surface, are better since they allow less water to evaporate from the stock. In addition to the shape, the material that makes the copper stockpot is important since it greatly determines the quality of your results.
In this post, we shall highlight the best copper stockpots, which you can use in your kitchen.
Read more: the best copper skillets reviewed
Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-Quart Covered Stockpot – Copper
The Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-Quart Covered Stockpot is considered to be the ultimate gourmet cookware. This amazing stockpot combines the long-lasting Italian legacy of copper craftsmanship with culinary performance. Getting one of these hand-hammered, sumptuous copper stockpots will improve the aesthetics of any home, which still offering gourmet excellence.
This covered copper stockpot is the perfect kitchenware that you can use to prepare and deliver delicious meals, like a shrimp cioppino, delectable lobster, or succulent coconut soup and red curry. One amazing thing about this stockpot is that it provides amazing performance, as its material has remarkable heat conduction. Moreover, its bonded stainless steel interior makes cleaning the pot an easy task once you finish cooking. The Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-Quart Covered Stockpot will be an amazing addition to your amazing cookware collection.
Here is Ruffoni on cleaning their copper pots:
- This artisanal and hand-hammered copper stockpot, with a jewel-like design, will enhance your home aesthetics and style, as well as deliver amazing culinary experience.
- Its hand-crafted and copper-wired aluminum core will give you amazing heat conduction.
- A bonded stainless steel interior for effortless care and durability.
- Oven safe—can withstand temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is specifically designed for tabletop services.
- Comes with a stainless steel lid and handles, which feature copper accents.
- A lifetime warranty.
Lagostina Q5544664 Martellata Tri-ply Hammered Stainless Steel Copper Stewpot
This amazing stockpot has been inspired by the amazing generations of Italian cooking. Its design allows from oven to table serving, and this polished-hammered copper stockpot has an amazing appearance inside the kitchen, and it will definitely make a statement on your serving table. Its try-ply stainless steel design, with copper, ensures even and fast heat distribution in the entire pan.
Its high-grade stainless steel material will maintain the purity of your flavors, even when you are preparing an acidic tomato sauce. Other notable things like the polished-stainless steel cast and lid and riveted handles give this pan an exciting design, which is built to withstand years of mouthwatering and memorable meals. You can use this stockpot to prepare stews, stock, and pasta. You should have one of this cookware collection in your kitchen.
- Giada de Laurentis inspired copper stockpot.
- A high-quality stainless steel interior accompanies by a thick, heat-radiating aluminum core—which ensures efficient and maximum heat distribution.
- Magnificent hammered-copper exterior, which provides maximum heat control and retention
- Its comfortable stay-cool handles are designed for stability and strength, as well as a lifetime use.
- This stockpot is dishwasher safe and oven safe, as it can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lifetime Warranty
Mauviel Made In France M’Heritage Copper 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, Bronze Handles
Mauviel is a French, family owned business, which was started in 1830. This company is the world’s leading producer of professional copper cookware. Mauviel copper cookware brands are highly regarded by many professional chefs.
The MHeritage Copper M150B 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, Bronze Handles, by Mauviel is an amazing copper stockpot that you should have in your cookware collection. This copper stockpot is made out of high-grade copper material, which has the ability to distribute heat evenly and fast.
- This 8-quart stockpot is ideal for preparing pasta sauces, stock, soups, as well as other recipes
- Its stainless steel interior and extra-thick 2.55mm copper exterior are suitable for even and fast heat distribution
- Its well-fitting stainless steel and copper lid seals in nutrients, flavors, and moisture inside the stockpot.
- The stockpot comes with a pair of durable bronze handles, fixed to the pot with stainless steel rivets
- Not dishwasher-friendly
- Limited lifetime warranty.
Home Marketplace Copper Ceramic 8 Qt Stock Pot w/Glass Lid
The Home Marketplace Copper Ceramic 8 Qt Stock Pot w/Glass Lid connects a copper-infused nonstick ceramic interior with a durable stainless steel core, which offers superior heating, consistent results, and easy and quick cleanup.
One notable thing about this stockpot is that it offers an even and fast heat distribution on different cooktops, including induction cooktops, which make this stock pot ideal for simmering stews, soups, and chili, as well as boiling pasta.
The Home Marketplace Copper Ceramic 8 Qt Stock Pot w/Glass Lid comes with a tempered glass lid, with a stainless steel handle. Its non-stick interior allows you to cook with less butter or oil, and you can clean this stockpot using a dishwasher.
- This 8-quart stockpot allows even and fast heat distribution of different cooktops, including induction cookers
- Comes with a tempered glass lid
- It has a non-stick interior, which makes cleaning easy
- Dishwasher safe
Fleischer & Wolf® Seville Tri-Ply 8 qt. Stock Pot in Copper
The Fleischer & Wolf® Seville Tri-Ply 8 qt. Stock Pot in Copper is amazing kitchenware, with an amazing hammered exterior. This copper stockpot can be used in different kitchen settings, from homes to restaurants. The stockpot has high-quality tri-ply aluminum and stainless steel layer designs, which provide even and fast heat distribution.
- A tri-ply design of stainless steel and aluminum for durability and maximum heat conduction.
- An easy to clean stainless steel interior, which doesn’t react with your food
- Its hammered exterior gives this pot amazing appearance on any cooktop
- Its well-fitting lit seals the moisture and heat inside the stockpot, thus preserving the natural flavors of your food.
- The stockpot double-riveted stainless steel handles.
Ruffoni Historia Copper Artichoke-Handle Stock Pots
The Ruffoni Historia Copper Artichoke-Handle Stock Pots are hand-hammered in a family owned workshop located in the Italian Alps. The amazing stockpot is designed from a single copper sheet and then lined with tin. Its material is highly sensitive to heat, and it has a lid and handles decorated with sculptural artichokes together with their graceful leaves
- The Ruffoni Historia Copper Artichoke-Handle Stock Pot is designed out of a hand-hammered copper material, which gives it optimal heat conductivity.
- It has a tin-lined interior, which is durable and non-reactive to your food.
- It has riveted brass handles and lid, which seals in the moisture, flavors, and heat inside the pot
- A product of Italy
Read more on specific copper baking pans here
All-Clad C4 Copper Stock Pot
The All-Clad C4 Copper Stock Pot with lid is ideal for simmering stock, chili, soup, and more. This large stockpot can hold large batches, and the straight and high sides of the stockpot assist in keeping the ingredients well submerged in the pot. The All-Clad C4 Copper Stock Pot has been designed with the chef in mind, as it has alternating layers of copper and stainless steel, which allow precise heating, maximum surface recovery, as well as consistent and even results.
One interesting feature of this stockpot is its four-ply design, which stretches all the way to its rim, and includes a stainless steel interior surface, as well as two copper layers, which allow rapid heat responsiveness and conductivity. In addition to this, this copper stockpot comes with flared edges, which offer free-drip pouring, as well as riveted stainless steel handles. This amazing copper stockpot is durable, has an amazing appearance, and will give you the ultimate culinary performance.
- This copper stockpot has four-ply bonded layers of stainless steel and copper, which allow one to enjoy absolute precision, as well as even, and consistent results.
- It is made out of 4 alternating layers of copper (100% pure) and durable stainless steel.
- Its stainless steel cooking surface allows searing, and will also maintain the flavor of your stock.
- Its 1mm gauge copper gives you amazing heat responsiveness and conductivity
- Enjoy drip-free pouring from its flared edges.
- Its contoured and riveted handle will provide you with a firm and secure grip when carrying the pot.
- Broiler and oven safe, as it can withstand the heat of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to use your copper stockpot
- Most copper stockpots are ideal for electric and gas cooktops. However, most of them are not designed for induction cooktops.
- They are oven safe, which means you can use them on an oven.
- Avoid heating your copper stockpot when it’s empty or at temperatures above 450 degrees Fahrenheit since this can damage the tin or stainless steel lining.
- Always use plastic, wood, or heat resistant tools when stirring to avoid scratching the interior of the stockpot.
How to care for your stockpot
- Always let your stockpot to cool down before washing it.
- Once it has cooled down, give it an immediate hand wash with a soft cloth.
- You should never use steel scouring pads, steel wool, or harsh detergents to clean your stockpot.
- Copper tends to develop a patina over time. However, this doesn’t affect the stockpot’s cooking performance. You can use a mixture of salt and lemon or copper polish to give the exterior an amazing and new look.
- Some copper stockpots have a tin lining, which prevents food from reacting with the copper, and this lining can be discolored with time. You might be required to replace this lining over time, but this will depend on the type of foods that you cook or how you use the stock pot. However, you can prolong the lifetime of the tin lining by avoiding to cook acidic foods on your stockpot, if it has a tin lining.
- Although some stockpots are marked as dishwasher safe, hand wash is recommended, as it will lengthen the lifespan of the stockpot.
There you go! There are some of the best copper stockpots that you can use in your kitchen. These stockpots will give you amazing results, as well as add some beauty in your kitchen.